The National Women’s Wing is part of the National Patriotic Party.
Find out more OUR PARTY on its official website.
Highlights of the Party’s Manifesto
Aims & Objectives
- To bring together like-minded citizens of the country so that they may strive for Freedom and Justice by the appreciation and protection of human rights and the rule of Law through the practice of true democracy.
- To build in this country a free and democratic system of government under which all citizens will be able to contribute to the welfare, peace, and prosperity of our nation and keep its people free from dictatorship, and oppression.
- To reduce the excessive centralization which has characterized Government up to now and ensure as far as practicable that the regions and districts of this country fully participate in deciding matters affecting their development and their wellbeing.
- To promote a vibrant, free-market economy and encourage vigorous participation by citizens in economic activities.
- To create a climate in which private enterprise will thrive, and citizens and foreigners alike may invest without fear and without unnecessary bureaucratic restrictions and impediments, in order to create wealth and prosperity for the citizens and people of this country.
01. Assurance to Ghanaians
To assure every Ghanaian, a job; every worker, security; every family, a health-sustaining meal and a decent home every person, equal opportunity and social justice all citizens equal opportunities for self-improvement and social justice in our civil relation every individual, the essential freedoms of speech and expression; freedom of movement and association; freedom of conscience and of worship; and freedom from arbitrary arrest.
02. Entitlements of Ghanaians
Every Ghanaian would be entitled to the fundamental rights and freedoms of the individual: the right to life, liberty, security of the person, the protection of the law and unimpeded access to the Courts of Law; protection for the privacy of his home, correspondence and other property, and protection against deprivation of his property without compensation; whatever his race, place of origin, political opinions, color, creed or sex, but subject to respect for the rights and freedoms of others and for the public interest.
03. Combat Tribalism
To combat the handicap of rampant tribalism in the country in order to promote political toleration and respect for the rights of all citizens; and, thus ensure that party members refrain from acts of provocation against their political opponents.
04. Against Arbitrary Arrests and Oppression
To ensure that government is operated without arbitrary arrests and detentions; without repressive measures and censorship and with complete freedom for political opposition groups to work within the country’s legal and constitutional framework.
05. Accountability of Governments
To ensure that each administration operates with full recognition that it derives all its just powers of government from the consent of the governed, and that the government should at all times be accountable to the electorate. For this purpose, there should be clear acceptance by all that the government of the day has to be replaced if and when it loses the confidence of the people. This involves clear acceptance of that fact that no man or group of men can be deemed to be virtuous and knowledgeable enough to hold power indefinitely. it also means that there should be full acceptance of an official opposition that is ready to take over the reins of government if called upon by the decision of the people in an election.
06. Free Elections
To promote and defend the principle that democratic governance is based on the collective will of the people, expressed through free elections after free discussion. This is because without free elections, there can be no representative government, even where parliaments and legislatures are established by constitutions or laws.
07. Individual Properties
To respect the fundamental right of each person to keep and enjoy what he or she had created or acquired by his or her own efforts, subject always to the need to respect the equal rights of others to enjoy the same.
08. Personal Accountability
To uphold the principle that every person is to be held responsible for his or her own acts, and that no person should be held responsible for the actions of others, except and to the extent, that he or she could reasonably be shown to have contributed to such action, by his or her act of commission or omission.
09. Liberal Democracy
To maintain the view that democracy is government by persuasion, not by intimidation or the imposition of the views of one group on others. This means that the views of the majority should prevail, but the power of the majority should be used responsibly and should not be abused. As a form of government, democracy must be based on morality and real democracy can flourish only in an atmosphere of tolerance of , and respect for, the views and opinions of others.
10. Development of Ghanaian Citizens
To organize and use the resources of the state on the basis that progress in a democratic society involves not only the improvement in the material conditions of the citizens but also the development of the citizens as human beings in an environment in which there is a feeling of communality and solidarity among them. such a society will be based on the implied acceptance of the equality of all people, recognition of their common humanity and acceptance by each citizen of the obligation to seek and promote the interests of other citizens and the wider society.
11. Liberate the Energies of Ghanaians – Meritocracy
To liberate the energies of the people for the growth of a property-owning democracy in this land, with right to life, freedom and justice, as the principles to which the Government and laws of the land should be dedicated in order specifically to enrich life, property, and liberty of each and every citizen. For this reason the party’s policies are to be based on meritocracy as against cronyism and nepotism, and it would use private enterprise as the main engine of economic growth.
National Council of Elders
Regional Council of Elders
Standing Committees of the National Council
- Finance Committee
- Constitutional Committee
- Organization Committee
- Research Committee
- Disciplinary Committee
- Vetting Committee